Monday 7 May 2012

stay indoors

the view out of my window
over the black tarmac
my sights raise higher
to the smoking chimney stacks
the grey industrial wastelands
far past the motorway
the weather pours down a sheet
of cold, acid rain.
my mood is something to be behold
i often feel the sorrow of the world
and when i am here,
alone in my flat
its like i can hear the silence talk
there are personalities calling out to me
people i loved and lost
the disembodied ghosts
of a thousand greatful hosts
who entertained me for want of friends.
and though its quiet up here,
in my apartment block
the hiss of white noise
is still audible
the rain's still falling,
silently it pours
while the world quietly eats
and stays indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.