Saturday 24 March 2012

the most beautiful thing

sometimes i think
i remember a time
when i was driven
into danger
by some old friends
of mine
but the stranger truth is
i was on my way home
when i encountered some trouble
with a shout -
She accused -
me of being
devoted in love
i felt i had something
to regret,
She was a perilous woman
my hearts' affliction
it had always seemed
i give the best of my heart
to the one who loves me
but my jealousy
was not for the man
who cheated me
but for my beloved heart
who's love was easy
i freely give of myself
and all i have
yet sometimes i'm afraid
i'm not your only man
and so, again - i give to you
each racing beat of my heart
with my passion i indulge you
till i hold you in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.