Sunday 22 April 2012

a religious sacrifice

there was a better man
who's words were truth and honesty
but then he had neglected
to be suspected
for the integrity of his love

the baby Jesus
even though i admire him
has made just one mistake
you can't make a life
from betrayals of trust
and believe in his legacy today

its not just, that he has a voice
that carries his ideals around the world
but that we can't deny that his words
are of those who brought us up

so i ask of the Lord
'tell me stranger -
is it you who's let me down?'
only you promise so many things
i do believe in,
that my heart can only confound

you taught me all i happen to know
so let me teach you a lesson of my own
you're off to the tip to sit on a mountain of shit
and dwell upon the dark

after i've kicked you around the room a few times
to teach you that you can't afford to let people down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.