Tuesday 5 January 2010

dream of the marsh

the hill is much too steep
for me to reach the monument
of old time religion
and the 21st century spirit
an idiot must have mislead me
as i slipped on down the valley
to where my ship steams in,
at last
and i have 3 wheels on my wagon.

change has been a good thing
in my life it is the only constant
it's my spirit and my hope
& i have no other religion
and though the spirit is still within me
i find it hard to make a commitment
to anyone other than friends and family
the rest is just a source of amusement.

1 comment:

  1. some thoughts for the new year! this is a rendition fo a dream i had recently about climbing a hill much too steep to get up and slipping back down to the marsh in frodsham, where a battered old warship limps into port. it was a strange dream and i remember the course of events still.

    ReplyDelete

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.