Saturday 4 August 2012

an only child

i have faith in love
i hope you can hear me
can you send my kisses back
i need your loving,
i have held my breath
for 6 months and counting
i've slung my cards on the table
and done deals aplenty...
but my future!
can't you see me?
my heart calls out in the wilderness
i beg of you, beauty!
comfort me in my loneliness
i'm confident of our passion
a 6th sense beats the rhythm
and when i'm with you -
sweetheart,
it's not my heart that's hidden
it's the ghosts of my past
and shadows creeping in the dark
a loud scream for help
in the middle of the night
and an evil monster
whose determined to kill me
so, should you love me
someday, darling -
you know my mind - i'm yours
we could be reunited
as man and wife
and conceive a child that's ours'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.