Sunday 20 December 2009

to old friends and enemies [at christmas]

dear friends of old
it is a shame
that we cannot be
what we were always meant to be
for each other.
people change, usually because
they have suffered some unfair treatment
at some point in their lives.
we have all treated each other unfairly
and that is probably why i am no longer with you.
i couldn't stand to remain in the frame
of the lies, degredation, hostility and intimidation.
i know why i chose not to have children.
or a lover, partner, job - whatever!
but i keep on trying,
i won't give up.
but because you're not here with me...
i least my life is my own.
i can make my own decisions,
and i am satisfied with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.