Monday 8 February 2010

schizoid neighbours

from raging, haunting and shameful beginnings
i listened till the tortuous, bitter end
plumbing the depths to find the firstborn.
and though i implore my certainty
i ignored the noise, distracting me from slumber
though i could not demand the resolution
that she was in fact not one of my own.
and to the one thing that plagues my conscious mind,
'Lies!' i scream,
mindful that others' are watching me
listening and repeating those cussed words
even when i dont sleep sound.
but the clairvoyant knowing,
makes my blood boil
each time
the raised voices make themselves heard.

1 comment:

  1. a note on the neighbours from hell! i understand the trouble in my neighbourhood..., many of the people that surround me have mental health difficulties and drug problems, much like i did many years ago. hopefully this will all change within their lifetimes. if not, then i dearly hope and wish that the next change of address will banish the trouble i have witnessed all around me to hell, just as soon as i leave!

    ReplyDelete

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.