Sunday 29 November 2009

running away

Leaving home for the last time
I never wanted to go back
The colour of the room
Was making me ill,
My mother
Kept on giving me the shove.
I had nowhere i could call sanctuary
I couldn't rest and so,
I took my leave
On a November eve.
I took my dog and pipe
Closed the door on the world i knew,
And set off into the night.

I walked my dog passed all the places
That had ever broken my heart
Girls, friends, people and places
In which i had played a part.

Nothing was insignificant,
All sense came within reason
I had lost out on life
Because of crippling, fearful, emotions.

1 comment:

  1. a blurb from when i was just 22. i had recently returned from a period of homelessness when i wrote this and was smarting from my experience... these were bad days in my life and i hope i never re-live these days again. in the next 2 blurbs i will be writing back from the same period on homelessness.

    ReplyDelete

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.