Wednesday 19 January 2011

i have been humbled, by man.

To set the world to rights
And enfranchise the belief in a marked reality
I began a course of isolation,
And discipline through abuse of the senses
And the will of mine enemies
For the malefic renunciation of those desires
That began my surrender to the world.
‘I will not accept,’ was my plea
‘These deeds are not my own’
But no soul heard my guilt
None other than the gods that swore my sentence
Gave a thought to what I may learn
Though the counsel of elders knew my prize, desired
And given.
Love, I jest - should have known my ignorance
If I was young still
I may even pass the litmus
And be free from all concerns that escape my reason
But I am not
And I let what I cannot change be
With good grace
Humility is mine for keeping
I learned my lesson well
I can be nothing less

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.