Monday 17 January 2011

the ignorance of youth

I would like to make a discourse on the humanity of the modern age
We are born small and weak, stupid and ignorant, powerless and demanding
And throughout all of this we remain young enough to claim superiority
Yet we remain blissfully unaware of the methods of the earth we live upon
The ignorance of the youth represents not being born innocent but stupid
You and I are born as children, stupid and ignorant of the world we inhabit
We grow within the stupidity of the world around us, held hostage to our parents’ mistakes
Then without knowledge, we grow tall without taking heed to learn what the world wants to offer us
Forevermore forgiven for our ignorance, we continue to grow in spite of our understanding
That the world we inhabit is without sin, for that is only our own morality
As ignorant and stupid as the people we sought to be as children
The maker of this place has a lot to answer for
And I rest my knowledge with the devil himself
For it is he who represents learning, understanding and knowledge
God represents blind faith
Or damned ignorance of all we know
We should know better
But the blind man knows nothing he cannot sense for himself
I may acknowledge my weakness to demand satisfaction
But never will I know what it is
That makes this world turn…

1 comment:

  1. some old work from 6 years ago. in future i may include these old pieces of prose for your reading pleasure, much of which covers my experience of recovering from acute psychosis. you know, raised voices, screaming abdab obscenities and verbal abuse..., haha. it was many years ago now and long may i enjoy the peace i have now.

    ReplyDelete

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.