Thursday 23 February 2012

32

tired of the words of God
i was searching for the truth
i had read to gospel
as handed to me
by a flate mate i used to know

i was looking for honest guidance
on the problems i suffered as a boy
as since i was a small
i have been totally ignored
when i have a crying out loud for help

but i can't find a word of wisdom
nor a sentence containing truth
i guess the Lord
works in mysterious ways
because he seems to excuse himself

he may be a witness to his creation
and to all i have ever fallen upon
but each verse seems to curse me
he wishes to kill me
for all my errors of judgement

so what, pray - tell
can i hope for now
i'm 32 and much, much older
i have given my words
i believe i love, so what's the deal?

                          - hey - father?

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.