Saturday 18 February 2012

46. the well

the divine nature
of the hearts' changes
rhythm, rhyme
and persistant frustration
the only time
i think i'm happy
these days
is when i am thinking
of your sky blue eyes
so many wise words
and honesty
beat the rhythm
of my heart
bang on the drum
rattle the chains of plenty
and throw the trash out in the yard
`cause i'm in a gilded cage right now
and no enemy can bring me down
and though i had thought
i had something true to say
the words can't be formed
by my tongue.
so, this is my kiss - for your lips
it's no secret you warm my heart
you're so kind
and i want you to know
the original Theseus
was Lela Starr.

but be warned!
i must have told you
so many times before
there's a tiger in the street
the butlers' a shit
and the elephant stinks
for all it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.