Saturday 9 June 2012

save one for me (blue saturday)

its been a lonely old day
and i'm blue for the joy
i held in my heart
for the one that i love
i can't understand why
my dream can't come true
have i betrayed a sullen heart
for its thoughts of you?
i was promised
as a young man
that the law of God
was profound -
so why on earth must i suffer
like i have been lost
and not found?
please my lover - beseech me,
have you another heart to please?
can't you be true
and give your love to me
i'm horrified that you can't understand
that i've been victimised and beaten
because not one soul believes in the diety
whose spoken words of love are golden
i beg of you my sweetheart
can't you be a friend to me
and always think that when we speak
you will save your love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.