Sunday 15 July 2012

the eldest daughter

beautiful blonde, smiling at me
dressed to stun the traffic
its probably her wedding day
little red starbug,
and a flowing kafthan coat
wish she was mine to have and hold
she's as dreamy as my hopes
all i could want in this life
ripped jeans,
and blue coat blouse
bright pearly whites
and laquered nails
and fluffy socks and boots
i see there's no ring on your finger
but is that a child right by your side
and expectant mother - well maybe -
and i couldn't help but smile
for the happiness inside
made me take a second look,
no, a third or fourteenth
glance,
before the thought sank in
and grew on me
and passion burnt in my hands
you look suspiciously
like my wife and bride to be
the eldest sweetheart of the family
a missed opportunity.
in the mail order catalogue
i would have thought your heart was mine
blonde flowing locks and blue eyed sky
with a child right by your side
but this beautiful blonde, smiling at me
was dressed to stun the traffic
and it was probably her wedding day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.