Thursday 12 July 2012

maturity

there was some to be had
i guess it was not wasted
you visit sometimes
and check up on me
i'm not disappointed
with what i had
it was my own to grasp
and i'm glad i have
shared my thoughts with you
i was not trying to deceive
i would have begged you a favour
for a small promise
please don't harm
the sound nature of my heart
my feelings are true
and i'm honest when i rhyme
i'm not the type of lover
whose poetry is a fiction
i like reminiscing about the time
when we shared so much passion
so, my story is certain -
there's really nothing to it
i'm just a crack of the whip
and getting on with living
and next time i fancy
that i am safe
to make a great love
i will think about becoming
a parent, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.