Tuesday 24 July 2012

when we meet

the future i would wish for
well, you know how the story goes -
i swear i need love
and to be held
by those,
who harmed me in this life
i need their forgiveness
and then i ask, please
will you offer me freedom?
i so dearly wish
to leave here someday
and to be thrown to the wind
a religious analogy
i'm a child of Christ
and a prisoner of fortune
grant me one miracle
that i will overcome
my experience
of drug, dog days
and domestic violence
unwanted children
and paedophile news stories
threats to my safety
and the selfishness of money
hostile words
of jealousy and betrayal
and pray for me
should you have a sound heart
i'll find safety in love
when i finally find her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

feel free to leave your views, opinions and ideas on my work here so that i may get some feedback.